July 6, 2012

Road Trip to Wisconsin - part one

Jonas and I took a little adventure of our own this summer...
One Thursday morning, we packed up the car,
left South Carolina and headed to Wisconsin!
(we were really sad that Mark couldn't join us - he had to work)


After six hours of travel, our first big pit stop was in Knoxville, TN.  
There is a pretty awesome water play area at the World's Fair.
Jonas loved it there when we visited friends 
last year so we decided to stop again.


It was really hot out, but the water was COLD!



We had a picnic lunch and stayed for a little over an hour
while Jonas played and made a few friends.



The playground was pretty fun too!


We drove all day to Indiana.  We spent the night and drove the rest
of the way to Wisconsin the following day.  We met up with my parents
at their campground around 10:30 that night.  Not bad for one person driving...

This was our view when we woke up Saturday morning!  I LOVE it!!




Jonas loves to ride down the hill on the truck!


Time to explore before a day of fishing with Grandpa Mike!



While Jonas and Grandpa fished, Mom and I drove into town 
to pick up Jonas' Uncle Greg.  He spent the day with us... which was really nice!



It wasn't really warm enough to swim, so they looked for treasures 
and practiced the art of skipping rocks!








Jonas skipped one and I actually got it on film!